Saturday, November 14, 2009

God’s Will; A Celestial Scavenger Hunt?

Is it just me? It seems that every time I hear someone speak about “God’s will” they are always looking for it. It conjures questions like:

“Why did He hide it?”
“If He wants us to live in it, why is it so hard to find?”

Or one I remember from my childhood:
“Where did you put it when you had it last?”

God’s will for my life … wow! Just the thought of the creator of the entire universe being so detailed that He would have a specific will for my life is enough to set my mind into a tailspin. However, the Bible, God’s written letter of love – TO US, clearly and unequivocally tells us we have been on His mind and in His heart for quite a long time.

“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you. Before you were born I set you apart!” - Jeremiah 1:5

“You saw me before I was born and scheduled each day of my life before I began to breathe. Every day was recorded in your book!” - Psalm 139: 16

“For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” - Jeremiah 29:11

“The One who calls you is faithful and He will do it.” - 1 Thessalonians 5:24

This particular subject was intended to be an article. I think, however, the topic demands more attention and time. Let’s take the next few “Posts” and examine God’s will – what it is and what it is not.

We’ve been “spiritually exercising”. We’ve begun to experience the benefits. In the next several “Posts” we will begin determining the “why” of it all. Take a look at those verses again and let them ring in your heart:

Jeremiah 1:5; “I formed you; I knew you; I set you apart!”

Psalm 139:16; You saw me; You scheduled my life; it is permanently recorded in Your book!

Jeremiah 29:11; "I know the plans I have for you, DECLARES THE LORD, plans to give you hope and a future!

1 Thessalonians 5:24; “The One who calls you is faithful and HE WILL DO IT!”

Next Sunday we will explore, "A Proper Positioning". Please feel free to comment or add verses to this blog. May God richly bless you until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment